Thursday, May 26, 2011

Marriage

     I first want to say that I am married to the most incredible and wonderful woman I know.  She is truly amazing.  We were married 13 1/2 years ago in the Salt Lake Temple.  How grateful I am for that special day.  For on that day, she and I came together at the altar and made covenants with each other and with God.  She has made me a much better person.  She is an amazing mother to our children and I count my many blessings that I have the opportunity to spend eternity with her.  To the world, I say, you can have your wealth, fame and popularity.  It may come and go and eventually will be gone.  I have what I want in this world and am extremely happy.  I love this quote by Ezra Taft Benson, from the May 1988 Ensign,

     "One good yardstick as to whether a person might be the right one for you is this: in her presence, do you think your noblest thoughts, do you aspire to your finest deeds, do you wish you were better than you are?"

     I took this photo recently while I was walking around downtown.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't take too many photos of people.  I like buildings and landscapes.  Buildings don't move or argue with you.  Anyway, I always like to walk through Temple Square and the LDS Church headquarters block with all of the gardens.  It is always changing with the seasons and will always look different.  This time, I noticed two newlywed couples out getting their photos taken in front of the temple, so I set-up the tripod and took my shot.  I really like the way it turned out.  I have no idea who they are, but I wish them all the best in their new life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment