Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pleadings

Prayer is such an important part of my life.  It is a time in which I get to talk with my Heavenly Father and let him know how I am doing.  Just as I am interest in what my children have done and learned, so to is our Heavenly Father waiting to hear about our days.  He wants to know how we are feeling and what we are thinking.  He waits to bless us if we will but ask.  He wants what is best for us.  This quote is from Elder Russell M Nielson in the April 2011 General Conference when he said,

"If we pray with an eternal perspective, we need not wonder if our most tearful and heartfelt pleadings are heard. This promise from the Lord is recorded in section 98 of the Doctrine and Covenants:
“Your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord … and are recorded with this seal and testament—the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
“Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name’s glory, saith the Lord.”8
The Lord chose His strongest words to reassure us! Seal! Testament! Sworn! Decreed! Immutable covenant! Brothers and sisters, believe Him! God will heed your sincere and heartfelt prayers, and your faith will be strengthened."


No comments:

Post a Comment