Friday, June 17, 2011

A Father's Joy

I am so grateful to be a father.  What greater joy can there be in this world but to have an eternal family.  I look to my children and see such a wonderful and happy future for them.  The world is such a wonderful and beautiful place.  As I have taken my family up to the mountains or our to the west desert here in Utah or as we have traveled to California there is such beauty everywhere you go.  Then when you think that it can't get any better, God paints the sky all kinds of colors with the amazing sunsets.  All of these experiences are so much better when experienced with your family.  So, as this father's day comes this weekend, I am posting a photo I took at Temple Square that expresses what a father's joy really his.  This quote is from Howard W Hunter in a talk in the November 1994 Ensign,

“You should express regularly to your wife and children your reverence and respect for her. Indeed, one of the greatest things a father can do for his children is to love their mother.”



No comments:

Post a Comment